Calvin Klein Accessories is a relatively new and fast growing divisions comprising all accessories product categories including handbags, small leather goods, belts, textile accessories, for men, women and kids.The Calvin Klein main label is designed and developed from Amsterdam whilst the CALVIN KLEIN JEANS line is part of a global collection designed in NY.
The Calvin Klein Jr. Accessories Designer will report into the Senior Designer of the Calvin Klein Accessories Division.
He/She will be responsible for:
- The conception, design and development of the Calvin Klein Accessories collection through key silhouettes, materials, hardware and color in accordance with the brand DNA and in collaboration with the Design team.
- Develop a strong awareness of the leather goods business, competitors and functionality of product in accordance with our core aesthetics.
- Researches concepts, materials and color story at the beginning of each season.
- Travels to trade shows to observe new trends and materials.
- Preparing and presenting concepts/collection to the Senior Designer and Creative Director.
- Work on tech packs with measurements, technical drawings, clear written communication and precise information for factories to execute on each development stage.
- Delivering comments to PD, based on Senior Designer and Creative Director feed backs.
- Working closely and building a strong relationship with Merchandisers and Product Developers in order to strengthen partnership.
- Creative work in cross functional team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Design or equivalent in fashion design with a concentration in accessories design strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years in an accessories design role with a strong emphasis on leather goods, highly detailed oriented, full understanding of the entire development process, preferably with experience in accessory design, international exposure a plus
- Possess high fashion aesthetics and understands the dna of the brand.
- Keen researcher for silhouettes and form, construction, and leather workmanship.
- An excellent hand for quick sketching skills to explain ideas and for technical drawings.
- Good knowledge on construction and materials (leather, pu & fabrics).
- Talent to combine creative ideas with commercial needs.
- Detail oriented, sense of proportion and functionality of product.
- Advanced user of Illustrator, Photoshop and In-Design.
- Ability to take ownership of design responsibility whilst performing in a team environment.
- Flexible to meet deadlines, weekend work, long hours.
- Excellent presentation skills are a must.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English a must.
- Positive attitude, curious, pro active and highly adaptable to changes.
- Availability to travel.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.