About the Company
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Design Intern assists the Accessories Design Team in creating a commercial collection containing functional, fashionable accessories and links Design to Product, creates seasonal mood, material and presentation boards, supporting the research and development process and updates design overviews from the beginning of the creative process till finalized collection.
The Design Intern reports to the Sr. Designer and will work closely with the designers on multiple categories for men and women
- Following up the development/design process working closely with designers
- Preparing collection overviews, for men and women, on boards by group (colors, materials, sketches) and updating them during design process
- Ensuring sketches and color-ups are always up to date
- Supporting the research and development process
- Maintaining the material, sketch, prototype and sample archives
- Assisting designers in preparing presentations and walk through
- Organizing practical logistics of presentation, travel and office requirements
- Supporting communication and information flow between design and research & development (R&D)
- Possess high fashion aesthetics and interest in the DNA of the brand.
- Experience in Design, preferable leather accessories or fashion, graphic or industrial design
- Excellent knowledge of Computer applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge in 3D design programs are a plus
- Understanding of the design process and creation from research and mood to relevant design
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a passion for accessories
- Highly hands on and flexible to meet deadlines, weekend work, long hours if required
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Good team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Positive and motivating attitude
Must apply with a portfolio