About the Company
We are an international fashion design and marketing company at the forefront of our industry. We are youthful, modern, Provocative and Jeans. Our all-American designs transcend our men’s, women’s and collection apparel, sportswear, jeanswear, underwear, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. Through these iconic products we strive to engage and inspire our consumers around the world.
In 2013, one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
The Designer Capsules and International market’s Calvin Klein Jeans, will be part of the wilder Calvin Klein Jeans design team. This position is responsible for designing and executing 4-6 capsule collections for both Mens and Womens per year.
You will work into Multi Product for these collections.
The designer has a strong understanding of multi product categories he/she is responsible for and will work closely with the developer handling that capsules category. The key objective is to ensure creative commercial product ranges are designed and developed for the Jeans division, in line with the Calvin Klein brand identity.
This position will report directly to the Senior Design director.
- Responsible for designing and executing of seasonal capsules according to range plans set by CKJ Merchandising Team for review by Senior Design Director.
- Researching trends that work into the Calvin Klein Jeans brand strategy, translating these into the collection on the direction of the Senior Design Director.
- Extensive travel per season to undertake research for the collection and to work with vendors in Europe and Asia.
- Design development/concept trip per collection is undertaken to source and to place styles into work for first review of the line with merchandising and creative new york team.
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer to develop seasonal graphics for the Capsules and for international market needs.
- With your Technique knowledge of Multi product you will research fabrics, shapes from the capsule brief each season. You will source fabrics and trims to develop for each collection.
- Working with the designers of the wilder team to align design ecstatic’s, seasonal details and creative big ideas.
- Working to the divisional calendar and being organized to meet deadlines set by the division to execute the collection. Good time management skills and forward thinking.
- Preparing all garment worksheets for PLM system management and style overviews for divisional presentations and following up of each style that has been selected for the collection.
- Responsible for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Work closely and communicate daily on issues that arise from the development of designs selected, partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth workflow each season.
- Working closely with Product developer of each product group to ensure smooth sourcing and execution of each style within the collection. DP team will communicate all issues to factories and buying offices to make sure the product comes first.
- Close cooperation with Tech Department, you will work with a team of two for the executing of garment fittings based on block system, working closely with design manager/director for direction and how to execute each style per season. To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process. Fitting is undertaken in Amsterdam after we have commercial product review per season.
- Responsible to follow up on selected fabrics, yarns each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for the development of the collection.
- Supports and partners with product development to execute each style, making sure that the Calvin Klein Jeans D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Work well in a team environment utilizing strong communication skills
- Develop and understand product knowledge each season.
- Degree at bachelor level – in Fashion design
- Experience: at least 3 years’ experience in a fashion environment with multi product experience.
- Must have worked on Mens & Womens design collections
- Skills: Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be able to draw in Illustrator. Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel for specification work.
- Very commercial mentality with consumer insights
- Good understanding of constructions and materials.
- Competences: Creative with fresh new ideas, with ability to be creative within commercial restraints
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- High level of attention to detail needed for branded product.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities
- Willingness to travel and a non 9-to-5 work mentality is needed for this role.
To be successful in this position you need to have a good understanding of the trends, it is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment.
Please apply with your portfolio