About the Company
We are an international fashion design and marketing company at the forefront of our industry. We are timeless, modern, classic and sophisticated. Our all-American designs transcend our men’s, women’s and collection apparel, sportswear, jeanswear, underwear, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. Through these iconic products we strive to engage and inspire our consumers around the world.
In 2013, one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
The Designer Menswear - Cut & Sew in the Calvin Klein Jeans team is part of the Jersey design team and is responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product category “Heavyweight and lightweight” jerseys and polos.
The designer has a strong understanding of the product categories he/she is responsible for and works closely with Design Manager and the developer handling that same category. The key objective is to ensure creative commercial product ranges are designed and developed for the Jeans division, in line with the Calvin Klein brand identity. He/she will be reporting directly to the Design Manger of Knits.
- Researching trends that work into the Calvin Klein Jeans brand strategy, translating these into the collection on the direction of the Senior Design Director
- Translating Knit & Jersey trends into commercial collection together with the Design Manager
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to joint venture and buying offices globally
- Working closely and communicating daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Working closely with the Graphic Designer to develop seasonal graphics the heavyweight knit, jersey.
- Understanding and sourcing qualities and washes that fit the Calvin Klein jeans esthetic
- Working with the designers of the team to align design ecstatic’s, seasonal details and Creative big ideas
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/styles on a daily basis
- Preparing all heavyweight jerseys, lightweight jerseys and polo worksheets for PLM system management and style overviews for divisional presentations and following up of each style that has been selected for the collection.
- Working closely with Tech Department and PD for the executing of garment fittings based on block system, working closely with design manager/director for direction and how to execute each style per season. To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process. Fitting is undertaken in Amsterdam after we have commercial product review per season.
- Responsible to follow up on selected fabrics each season with product developer and communicating to joint venture and buying offices any design related communication for the development of the collection.
- Supports and partners with product development to execute each style, making sure that the Calvin Klein Jeans D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Experience: at least 3 years’ experience in a fashion Design in the knit/jersies direction.
- Skills: Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be able to draw in Illustrator. Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel for specification work.
- Good understanding of constructions and materials.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- High level of attention to detail needed for branded product.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities
- Willingness to travel and a non 9-to-5 work mentality is needed for this role.
- Team player
PVH behavioural competences:
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Quality: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Ownership: Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Collaboration: Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Respect: Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment