The Menswear Division consists of the following teams:
- Design – designing and follow trends for seasonal collections.
- Merchandising and Sales – Responsible for the implementation of a successful product merchandising strategy that meets consumer needs and volume goals. Key contact to support all country sales teams with presenting the collection, support key account meetings and ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail.
- Planning – Drivers of the monthly demand forecasting for the replenishment business and managing the fashion projections for wholesale.
- Planning and Control – Act as the interface between the division, central ops and finance
As an Outerwear designer working in the Menswear Division you will be part of the Outerwear design team for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product category. You will work closely with the Sr. designer in the team, the developers from the development team, merchandise team, and the Design Director for the planning and development of the collection each season. You will report into the Senior Designer. You will design and execute seasonal range plans for review by the Design Director and Creative Director.
Among other things you will be responsible for:
- Researching trends and performing market research that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear brand strategy
- Translating trends into a commercial collection together with the Senior designer.
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Following up on selected fabrics each season with product developer and communicating to buying offices any design related communication for Retail special needs.
- Own the IM (International Markets) product. Develop under Senior designer’s direction
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Making sure that the Tommy D.N.A. is seen in each garment
The Ideal Candidate
- Eye for detail with an extensive knowledge of fabric, wool and down coats.
- Tailored coat/ outerwear experience a plus
- An extensive knowledge on new technical developments in the outerwear area.
- Fabric R&D experience
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skills
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands on mentality.
- High productivity is demanded
- No 9am-6pm mentality
- Team player
- Travel to Europe & Asia for supplier visits
To be successful in this position you need to have a good understanding of the latest outerwear trends and the ability to translate them into a commercial product. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment. To be able to work well with other teams you need to have strong communicational skills.
What you can expect from us
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities