- Create first patterns as well as production patterns from sketch/block library by liaising closely with designers and product developers to achieve their vision.
- Responsible for Blazers and waistcoats.
- Creating product specs and design packs for each pattern produced for the factory to follow.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product group.
- Attend fit sessions and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed.
- Correct and amend patterns according to fit comments and ensure these get handed to factories within set deadlines.
- Updating and managing graded specs when needed.
- Keep amended specs and sample patterns up to date.
- Follow and update the critical path.
- Create, organize and manage block pattern library for own product group.
- Support the factories where there are make or construction queries on specific garments.
- Flag any variance in measurements and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee production and 1st proto development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Menswear pattern cutter within the industry on tailored products.
- Should be capable of working under pressure and on their own initiative, but are also active team members and team players.
- Comfortable working closely with designers on new ideas and interpretations as well as with the production team and factories.
- Will be responsible for seeing a style through from 1st pattern and fit all the way to sealing stage.
- A good understanding and knowledge of patterns as well as the production process and methods of manufacturing is needed.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Good communication skills.
- Should have good organizational skills and be able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Should have the ability to quickly take on and effectively utilize in house computer systems.
- Available to travel.
- CAD experience is essential (Gerber).