About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internally recognized for celebrating the essence of ‘Classic American Cool’ style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including; Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, Tommy Hilfiger Menswear, Womenswear and kids, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, Accessories and Footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches, and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010 has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores.
The Tommy Menswear & Tailored divisions are one of the main business drivers, based in the Amsterdam global head office the team is split into 4 sub-teams;
- Production, Sourcing & Development
- Buying & Planning
- Merchandise and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styles and high-end quality products for the global consumer base.
The Product Developer Outerwear Tailored will report into the Director Sourcing & Production and is coordinating the product development process from sketch until the final product in stores. The product is developed, produced, controlled and achieved based on the standards and goals established in the division.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- End to end Product Development, including sourcing, development, sampling & price negotiation from concept through to bulk delivery;
- Takes the lead in the handling of daily issues in the end to end product development;
- Loading, updating and maintaining of PLM systems within category ensuring data integrity;
- Cross-Functional partnership to ensure the correct product is delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements;
- Product Management: Launching, tracking & ordering of all prototypes & salesman & show samples in accordance with calendar and vendor requirements;
- Adhere to the calendar, both internally and externally to support the development and production of the collection achieving on-time delivery and consistently high quality;
- Vendor collaboration in conjunction with Senior Manager HC as well as Category Managers, including allocation, cost and lead time negotiations, sample and bulk ordering, management and delivery;
- Fitting collaborations: Working with the fit technician during fit meetings to capture comments and changes, administrating these tasks and communicating these internally and externally;
- Fit meeting preparation and organization: measuring, checking and giving workmanship comments on samples;
- Internal lab dip management;
- Maintaining production comments, color or style additions. Updating systems and communicating these changes internally and externally;
- Supporting margin targets including transparency and reviewing all costs at all stages of the development and production;
- Risk management collaboration; highlight, review and assist to resolve issues;
- Meeting preparations; arranging best sellers, range plans, sales overviews;
- Pro-actively improving the product in ways of quality, pricing and fit;
- Works closely with design team, buying team, merchandise and fit technicians;
- Analyze markets and competitors.
- Higher textile education;
- Minimum of 3-5 year experience in development, sourcing, and production - preferably in outerwear;
- Used to working under pressure and to deadlines;
- Good communication skills in English- written and oral;
- Excellent time management and very strong organizational skills;
- A confident team player;
- Ability to change and adjust to new systems and set ups - previous knowledge in PLM or Excel is an advantage;
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various teams and efficient problem-solving skills;
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude.