The role of the Architectural & Spatial designer (Maternity Cover) is to support Creative Services’ projects from an interior/ exterior design perspective, working under the management of the architectural designer & in conjunction with the appointed (internal/ external) PMs.
He/she is responsible for providing/ enabling/ supervising/ checking all related/ requested design drawings & material specs as well as ensuring that all design concepts fit the assigned projects’ functional & architectural requirements. The overall goal is to ensure suitability & synchronicity of all spatial/architectural designs with the related project brief, the TH/ CK / Heritage brands as well as the PVH corporate vision.
The Architectural & Spatial designer is also heavily involved in the interior design of projects, working closely with the creative concept manager, the interior designer & the coordinators of the team in presenting and/ or sourcing suitable products & suppliers.
The Architectural & Spatial designer will primarily be involved in the following projects:
Design & delivery of any upcoming requests about the completion of PVH Campus in Amsterdam (internal & exterior spaces)
Design & delivery of the PVH HQs globally (internal & exterior spaces)
Design & delivery of selected other TH/ CK & Heritage brands showrooms (dependent on refit schedule) Spatial layout of TH/ CK & Heritage brands digital showrooms
The Architectural & Spatial Mid-Level designer reports into the Manager Architectural & Spatial Designer.
He/she must have work experience with a demonstrated understanding of design/ project time management, work prioritizing, effective delegating to team members & a strong understanding of general feasibility within given budgetary & design briefs/ constraints.
He/she must possess an absolute eye for detail & perfection as well as be thoroughly organized & capable of working on multiple projects at the same time.
He/ she must be a natural people person, at ease interacting with all levels of the organization, both in written & verbal form.
The Ideal Candidate
- Prepare, develop and edit drawings, images and other project documents for use in
- Presentations, planning, tendering and construction
- Develop construction details and building materials specifications
- Carry out sensitive site analysis demonstrating an understanding of place and communicate
- Effectively in design drawings and diagrams
- See projects through from start to finish, as well as to work on more than one project at once
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers, proactively source materials and samples
- Contribute to the day-to-day operations of the practice
Skills and qualifications:
- Architecture degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up, V-ray
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence; ability to multitask
- Ability to participate in multiple projects, used to working under pressure with competing deadlines
- A hands-on attitude
- Absolute team player , dynamic, passionate and enjoying being part of a growing team
- Able to work within a large international company and fast-paced environment
- Flexible/ adaptable in mindset & work methods
- Pro-active, enthusiastic & dedicated
- Ability to travel, if project requires