- Is responsible for OUTERWEAR, T-SHIRTS and SWEATSHIRTS product groups.
- Create block patterns and specs for own product groups according to design requests.
- Creating product specs and design packs for handover to factories within set deadlines.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product groups.
- Attend and lead fit sessions, prepare and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed.
- Correct and amend block patterns according to design requests and ensure these get handed to factories within set deadlines.
- Updating and managing graded specs and sizing standards.
- Keep specs, grading and block patterns up to date.
- Follow and update the critical path.
- Create, organize and manage block pattern library for own product group.
- Support the factories where there are make or construction queries on specific garments.
- Flag any variance in measurements and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee proto/sampling/production development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a Fit Technician within the industry on Menswear products.
- Should be capable of working under pressure and on their own initiative, but are also active team members and team players.
- Comfortable working closely with designers on new ideas and interpretations as well as with the production team and factories.
- Will be responsible for seeing a style through from pattern and fit all the way to sealing stage.
- A good understanding and knowledge of patterns as well as the production process and methods of manufacturing is needed.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Good communication skills.
- Should have good organizational skills and be able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Should have the ability to quickly take on and effectively utilize in house computer systems.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Assyst or Gerber). Training will be provided.