The Technician will be responsible for fitting women’s woven category within Tommy Hilfiger Sportswear division.
The technician must ensure a consistent fit throughout the woven collection, work with established blocks and develop blocks when required; monitor and elevate the quality of the product through fit.
Key activities include the set-up of specs from initial design sketches, fitting through all stages of style development from prototype to bulk production. Throughout the development process the tech is responsible for ensuring comments and specs are clear, supporting the vendor / factory / Buying office when necessary. Must be able to work to tight deadlines and an understanding of schedules is essential.
OVERVIEW OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for creating and controlling sample specs from initial concept sketch to bulk production
- Controls and maintains a consistent fit from initial styles through to bulk production sign off
- Grading styles for bulk production
- Communicate and work closely with designer and product developer to interpret sketches & styling, collection overview and achieve shared deadlines
- Work with European, Asian Buying Offices, and Direct vendors
- Work in PLM system to develop product
The Ideal Candidate
- Reporting to the Technical Development Manager
- Work closely with the woven category designers and product developers in a team of 5 people
DESIRED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be accurate and skilled within technical development
- Flexible in travel, Far East approx. 2 times per year and Europe/Turkey 2 times per year minimum.
- Must be able to manage the category to key scheduled dates and deadlines
- Strong team player
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fit development of womenswear woven product
- Have a sound understanding of pattern making
- CAD knowledge on Gerber system is preferred
- Good communication skills in English – written and oral
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Full time position only