TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches, and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010. Global retail revenues were $8.5 billion in 2019, with more than 16,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries
We are the Hilfiger Lab – a small team in which you, our design intern, will immediately feel part of the family. You will be vital for the smooth running of the design process, offering creative and practical support to the Hilfiger Collection MSW design team. You will work on different projects, and your responsibilities include:
- Technical drawing support in the digital part of the design process
- Assisting in the creation of color cards
- Producing mood boards based on research you do on current trends and culture alongside vintage/ classic styles and details
- Assisting communication and visual updates of designs
- Attending and assisting in fittings during Collection Reviews
- Maintaining the Hilfiger Collection archive
- Supporting in the preparation before and during design presentations and proto meetings throughout the whole season
- Gain experience and a thorough understanding of the design process from concept to presentation.
- Understanding of brand appropriate design.
- Improve knowledge of photoshop and illustrator.
- Improve time management, learning to prioritize based on given tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
- It is mandatory that you are still enrolled in a university or school program at the start date of the internship. Please note this is not a thesis-oriented internship but more to gain experience in a global work environment.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
- Start date: February 2020; Duration: 6 months
- For your application, it is imperative to attach your CV and a document outlining your relevance for this internship opportunity (not your usual cover letter...think outside the box!)
- We value our interns, therefore we want to understand your learning objectives. Please outline this in your document.
- Please include your design portfolio.
- You have an affinity/knowledge in the apparel & fashion industry, previous experience is a plus
- You have good sketching abilities both by hand and in Illustrator, with the ability to create clear technical sketches.
- You understand garment constructions and fabrications.
- You are highly organized with the ability to plan according to priority and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have good knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- You have strong communication skills, high proficiency in English (both speaking and writing)
- You have a flexible attitude and a strong work ethic
- You have a good understanding of Tommy Hilfiger DNA and brand awareness
- You are willing to learn and push your boundaries!
PVH behavioral competencies:
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Quality: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer-centric, Be detailed
Ownership: Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Collaboration: Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Respect: Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment
What we offer:
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and a People's Place café
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture!