Tommy Hilfiger is a fashion-forward lifestyle collection, which has a focus on premium apparel for men and women. The designs are inspired by American Classics, finished with a modern edge and fresh spirit.
- Collaborate with Senior Director Merchandising & Planning on translating long term business objectives into an International Markets Merchandising Strategy, aligned with the overall Brand/Divisional Strategy
- Gain understanding of International Market trends and performance by actively collecting and combining information from International Markets
- Based on historical data and inputs from the International Markets, break down KPI targets received from Brand Merchandising by number of styles and options per Product Group
- Oversee Range Planning as conducted by International Merchandiser and ensure alignment with Merchandising Strategy
- Partner with key stakeholders to build commercially strong collections and ensure margin targets are achieved whilst keeping competitive price points
- Drive key milestone meetings (e.g. Train The Trainer – Int’l Markets) and present / discuss the collection, review Product Group mixes & offers within drops and provide product feedback to cover market needs
- Oversee Digital Asset Management and present and explain the collection to (key) International Markets to create market-wide understanding of the collection on product level
- Provide ongoing support to International Markets during the season, participating in key account selling appointments and visiting the countries to obtain their feedback about the collection
- Responsible for managing, training and developing mid-level to junior staff
- Participate in cross divisional project related to strategic impact and provide inputs for key presentations (e.g. Speed360, PSEM presentation)
The Ideal Candidate
- 10 – 15 years of Merchandising experience; specifically, in an International Markets role
- Extensive Experience with both the Latin America and Asia-Pacific geographies, with a preferred focus on China, Japan, and Korea
- Understanding of each International Market’s region, cultural and consumer differences and the requirements to deliver against financial results and customer-centric KPIs.
- As effective communicator who possesses a deep understanding of consumer preferences across key markets, emphasizes accountability in decisions, promotes continuous improvement and motivation via strong leadership, possesses high energy/urgency, and creative problem solving.
- Strategic thinking, supporting of Tommy Hilfiger MSW long-term business goals
- Commercial awareness and product knowledge
- Analytical mindset
- Knowledge and skills in System (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong networker; the ability to form effective working relationships with all key cross-functional departments (Merchandising, Design, Production, and Int’l Markets)
- Team management skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.