The Pattern Design Manager is responsible for the Tailored Suits and Blazers product area within the Tommy Hilfiger Tailored division. You will lead two pattern designers with whom you will work closely and support to achieve the seasonal design vision by creating patterns, monitoring and implementing technical workmanship standards in order to achieve the highest quality product both in fit and construction.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of two pattern designers responsible for BLAZERS while being responsible for your own product groups TAILORED PANTS and WAISTCOATS.
- Liaise closely with department heads, designers and product developers to achieve the seasonal vision.
- Drive alignment between pattern designers, QC’s and factories to ensure fit consistency.
- Create prototype patterns, production patterns, specs and technical design packs from existing archive for own product groups.
- Lead fit sessions and ensure amendments for own patterns and those of team members are correctly done and communicated to factories.
- Support team members throughout the development process and ensure divisional deadlines and expectations are timeously met.
- Provide technical and workmanship support and solutions to factories on site alongside QC’s.
- Ensure quality standards are upheld and accurately executed by both factories and QC’s.
- Develop and standardize technical workmanship standards and update as needed.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee and control the development process from proto to salesman samples.
- Support QC’s on site during production when needed to ensure flagged production issues are resolved appropriately.
- Create and develop team member’s development and performance plans.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 10-20 years’ experience as a Pattern Room Manager focused on Tailored Suits and Blazers in pattern making, technical development and manufacturing.
- Has experience in leading a team and has an interest in the development and performance of Team members while being strong team players themselves.
- Must have good organization and management skills with the ability to work under pressure to Tight deadlines.
- Strong technical and manufacturing knowledge on Men’s tailored Suits is essential.
- Should have a keen eye for detail, fit and quality and be willing to share knowledge.
- Should have excellent communication skills, be results driven and self-motivated.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Must be available to travel at least 4-6 times a year.
- Will work on PLM and CAD (Gerber) to produce patterns and specs. Existing experience is Beneficial however training will be provided.