The Tommy Hilfiger Tailored division within PVH Menswear Apparel Europe includes clothing such as suits, blazers, trousers, shirts, SPW jackets, and coats. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing, Buying and Planning, Merchandising and Sales. The 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality product for the pan European and Asian consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Tailored presents 4 collections per year (2 main season and 2 smaller seasons) and is recognizable as being Classic, American and Cool with its own twist.
- Create first patterns as well as production patterns from sketch/block library by liaising closely with designers and product developers to achieve their vision.
- Is responsible for TAILORED COATS and OUTERWEAR product groups.
- Create product specs and workmanship instructions for each pattern produced for the factory to follow.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product group.
- Attend fit sessions and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed.
- Correct and amend patterns according to fit comments and ensure these get handed to factories within set deadlines.
- Updating and managing graded specs.
- Keep amended specs and sample patterns up to date.
- Follow and update the critical path.
- Create, organize and manage block pattern library for own product group.
- Support the factories where they have workmanship or construction queries.
- Flag any variance in measurements and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee production and 1st proto development.
- Grading of patterns using CAD system.
- Assist 3D team by preparing patterns for 3D, and stitching patterns together virtually.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience as a Menswear pattern cutter within the industry on tailored products.
- Should be capable of working under pressure and independently.
- Should be an active team members that enjoys knowledge-sharing.
- Comfortable working closely with designers on new ideas and interpretations as well as with the production team and factories.
- Capable of seeing a style through from 1st pattern all the way to sealing stage.
- Has a good understanding and knowledge of patterns as well as the production process and methods of manufacturing needed.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality.
- Should have good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Should have good organizational skills, be able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and challenges.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Should have the ability to quickly take on and effectively utilize in house software systems.
- CAD experience is essential (Gerber)
- PLM experience is beneficial.
- 3D experience is beneficial (Browzwear, Gerber 3D, if not training will be provided).