The Senior Fit Technician will work within Menswear & Womenswear teams for Tommy Jeans. As a Senior you will technically support the designers to achieve the seasonal design vision of Tommy Jeans product across wovens and knits.
- Is responsible for Tommy Jeans, within menswear & womenswear with an initial focus on knit category with a view to expand on wovens
- Review & refine current block patterns and specs with special focus on knits
- Creating product specs in PLM for handover to factories within set deadlines from proto to production.
- Arrange fit sessions for own product groups and offer support during mainline collection fittings.
- Attend and lead fit sessions, prepare and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed for own product groups.
- Create, maintain and update block pattern libraries keeping grading up to date and in line with set sizing standards.
- Support factories and product developers to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Flag any production and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle and work together with relevant teams to find appropriate solutions.
- Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee proto/sampling/production development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 7-15 years’ experience as a Senior Fit Technician within the industry, menswear & womens experience preferable
- A good understanding and knowledge of pattern making as well as construction methods is essential.
- Should be capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines, is proactive and a strong team player willing to share knowledge.
- Comfortable working closely with department heads, designers and product developers on new ideas and interpretations.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality with good communication and organizational skills.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Available to travel at least 4-6 times a year to Asia and Europe.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Gerber) however training will be provided.