About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, men’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Create and drive seasonal merchandising strategies. Work with the merchandising team to lead range plans, taking into consideration the needs of Wholesale, Retail & Ecommerce channels for Tommy Jeans Women’s business (all non-denim categories).
- Build strong relationships with the Design & Product Development teams to build an efficient & profitable collection, balancing the commercial product needs with the seasonal design direction.
- Lead the Women’s merchandising team to present the line to all market stakeholders during key calendar touchpoints.
- Collaborate with Merchandising team across product groups to define the optimum consumer assortment & key product pushes for the season.
- Lead the Women’s merchandising team to create various analysis on the collection throughout the season to review sales results, pricing architecture, product assortment, and suggesting tweaks where necessary to maximize category potential.
- Lead defining the sampling plan for the regional showrooms.
- Work with the Market Merchandising team to create all go-to-market strategies and tools for the sales campaign.
- Work with the Market Merchandising team to respond to product queries throughout the sales campaign, ensuring to communicate product changes clearly to all teams.
- Forecast the line to identify any potential risks, opportunities & to aid in capacity/fabric pre bookings.
- Management of PLM systems for the team, ensuring data integrity at all times.
- Identify & implement best practices to ensure effective use of time & maximum output in the team.
- Complete ad hoc seasonal projects.
- Lead and mentor merchandising team.
The Ideal Candidate
- 6+ years Merchandising or Buying experience, Womenswear experience preferred, but not necessary
- Commercial mindset
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data & to build a narrative around trends/patterns in the data
- Proactive with a willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisation skills & an ability to manage multiple projects/seasons at one time
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with strict deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with PLM style management system a plus
- Fluent in English, both written & verbal
- Passionate about the Tommy Jeans Brand and products