The Technical Developer will work within the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear division on Men’s Outerwear. As a Senior you will technically support and work closely with designers and product developers to realize seasonal collections.
- Build and establish block libraries to ensure fit consistency and a fast approval process.
- Maintain and update existing block patterns ensuring these are up to date and accurate.
- Own the fit process from proto to bulk production whilst ensuring quality standards are maintained throughout.
- Create seasonal style specs/1st patterns as needed for handover to vendors within set deadlines.
- Maintain sizing standards and grading and approve these in PLM.
- Prepare and relay fit comments to factories and ensure these are accurately executed.
- Arrange and lead fit sessions.
- Standardize and align best practices to boost speed and simplify processes.
- Focus on garment engineering to drive improvement of product margins.
- Advise design & product development teams on blocks to use and cultivate a culture of block adherence.
- Support factories on site when needed to ensure quality standards are maintained during production.
- Risk‐assess and flag any production or quality issues throughout a style’s development and work together with relevant teams to find appropriate solutions.
- Take regular factory visits to oversee proto, sampling and production stages.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 7‐10 years’ experience as a Technical Developer within the industry with a focus on Menswear.
- A good understanding and knowledge of pattern making as well as construction methods is essential.
- Is comfortable working independently and is a decision maker.
- Should be capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines, is proactive and a strong team player willing to share knowledge.
- Comfortable working closely with divisional heads, designers and product developers on new ideas and interpretations.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality with good communication and organizational skills.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Flexible to travel at least 4 times a year to Asia and Europe.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Gerber) however, training will be provided.