We are currently seeking an Assistant Footwear Designer who will report to the Senior Designer as part of our dynamic London team.
The Assistant Footwear Designer for MCQ plays a key role in working with the Senior Designer for unisex sneaker collection. The role requires effective collaboration with all team members, a high level of attention to detail and confidence working in a fast-paced and pressurized environment. The successful candidate will be passionate about sneakers, have excellent people and project management skills, extensive CAD/ technical drawing skills and strong commercial awareness.
How you will contribute
- Assist in developing footwear designs for the collection
- Expertise in producing technical packs for sampling, production and preparing CAD technical packs
- Undertake image research, create sketches and technical drawings, aligned to the Creative brief and maintaining a consistent, quality and consolidated look for both new and carryovers, demonstrating the highest level of aesthetic and quality
- Undertake material research and collate sourcing packs for suppliers
- Maintain a strong process strategy for Footwear design development in close collaboration with Product Development teams
- Effective design management, according to deadlines
- Coach and support the work placement students within the accessories team
- Working with the Merchandising team to understand customer buying trends, incorporating needs into the collection
- Assist in checking samples, adding technical comments where necessary
- Actively contribute to design meetings
- Strong understanding of technical fit, specifically for sneakers
- Support the Senior Designer in ad hoc collections, where required
- Prepare specs, FTS sheets and proactively manage the Design administration
- Photographing and organizing prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives and storage
Your Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in Sneaker Design
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office
- Strong hand-drawing skills
- Clear understanding of the MCQ contemporary line
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests, while working under pressure
- Excellent organization skills
- Able to travel when required
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.