We are currently seeking an Assistant Designer, Women’s Footwear who will report to the Senior and Head Designer based in our central London offices.
Alexander McQueen is actively searching for an Assistant Designer to support the Women’s Footwear category.
How you will contribute:
- Image research
- Sketching and technical drawings
- Making Swatches/ mock-ups/ trials
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks
- Embroidery placements
- Photographing and organising prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Helping in coordinating the Women’s Footwear Trainees
- Specs and FTS sheets
Your Skills and Experience:
- Very good drawing skills
- Good machine and hand sewing skills
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as Microsoft Office
- You will have previous experience in shoe design, preferably in a luxury fashion house
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests
- Ability to frequently travel
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.