Responsible for all garment technical aspects within the Product Development process, from Sketch Launch, through fit, PP Approval, Pilot process and into Bulk Production, with key responsibility for creating and maintaining the New Style Technical specification packs (tech pack) providing accurate details and images for user easy understanding. Also, accountable for monitoring “own style” progress throughout the end to end development process.
- Risk Assessment Process – work with the team to ensure the “Risk Assessment Process” is completed and updated throughout the development process, ensuring all risks are documented, classified and all risk actions are successfully completed in line with CP dates
- Product Development Process - working in conjunction with the technical and industrialisation team – to ensure all garments / trials / mocks etc are well developed, using agreed factory methods (where applicable) & machinery at all times. Involving CI Team on all “new” construction details, to ensure correct costs are applied. Support the Pattern technologist, preparing for fit meetings by assessing the finished garments for Quality & Construction.
- Technical Specification Pack – responsible for creating and maintaining the garment technical sections of the tech pack, giving clear instructions on methods, construction, machine settings etc also providing clear diagrams and visual images for easy / quick understanding.
- Pilot Process - attend the pilot hand over meetings, providing the Tech Pack details, including mocks / diagrams etc. Provide technical support throughout the Pilot making process, and carry out the final Pilot assessment for release for bulk production, ensuring the correct methods of makeup, construction and overall quality standards have been achieved. Completing the process by updating the tech pack with any agreed changes.
- Fit Meetings – when required, attend “own style” fit meetings in London with the senior team, supporting the team, and as part of Personal Development Plan
- Technical Progress Reports – maintain all teams’ progress tracking documents I,e KPI’s, Team daily progress digital progress tracker.
- Nightshift Support – as and when required - support nightshift teams, with style hand over meetings (own style) operator training, and general in-depth pilot support.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly Motivated
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Friendly approachable nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive approach to tasks
- Solid garment technical skills and knowledge is required
- Hands on sewing experience is essential
- Good knowledge & understanding of different fabrics & behaviours
- Experience & knowledge of different sewing machines
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word,
- Excellent level of communication / literacy and numeracy