Would you like to be part of a creative and dynamic design team? Do you have a strong design identity and passion for menswear?
We are now looking for a Design Assistant to join our Menswear team. This role will report into the Head of Menswear Design and is offered on a local full time, contract.
What you will do:
Support the Designer with a range of responsibilities; from research and toiles to technical specifications in order to communicate ideas from concept to product. A clear understanding of the COS aesthetic is important as well as strong attention to detail. You will also work closely with the buying team to ensure all information from design is communicated clearly.
- Support the designer in building the menswear woven range.
- Keep up to date with how the department’s customer is affected by trends.
- Producing clear and detailed technical sketches using Illustrator.
- Assist in fittings to take notes and update technical sketches.
- Update the collection overview as appropriate using In-design.
- Communicate with buying and pattern teams a clear vision of the designers’ ideas.
- Assist in sourcing and development of fabrics and trimmings.
- Support the designer in the optimization of the planning assortment.
- Monitor sales trends, seeking selling opportunities to support the designer with information
- Work closely with the buying team to understand the commercial needs for the department.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar position and with woven knowledge.
- A certifiable design qualification with a focus on menswear.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to research thoroughly into the seasonal directions and suggest new ideas suitable for the COS aesthetic, demonstrating a high level of awareness of current trends.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Adobe suite (especially Illustrator and In-design).
- Good understanding of garment construction, an ability to create mockups and design solutions in 3D.
- Have a wide technical knowledge and strong 3-dimensional sense.
Why choose us?
Over the last 10 years we have carefully crafted a work environment in which our employees are supported, encouraged and inspired to be the best they can be. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and dynamic; we choose longevity over passing trends.
At COS we are committed to recruiting great people by offering an honest and inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated. We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Employee Assistance Program
- A range of long service benefits.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.