Are you a junior designer looking for a new & rewarding opportunity? Do you enjoy working as part of a creative team to achieve great results? Do you have a strong design identity and passion for menswear design?
We are now looking for a Junior Designer Menswear Leisure to join our Head Office team.This role will report into the Head of Menswear Design and is offered on a local full time, permanent contract.
What you will do:
- As a Junior Designer, you will work closely with the Design and Buying team. You will develop the assortment and the collection and work towards achieving the departments visual/design goals.
- Constantly evaluate and research the customer and trends.
- Undertake extensive research and produce sketches.
- Coordinate the assortment planning.
- Develop and communicate visual information to all relevant functions.
- Ensure that the collection caters for all customer groups.
- Continuously review the assortment and take action as appropriate.
- Constantly monitor and react to sales trends and seek new selling opportunities.
- Lead fitting of samples collectively with pattern and buying.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Certifiable textile/design qualification with a focus on menswear.
- Previous experience at junior designer level and ideally within leisure.
- Ability to drape and work on stand.
- Excellent knowledge of textile and materials.
- A good eye for colours and detail.
- A strong design identity in line with the COS aesthetic.
- A high level of awareness of current trends.
- The ability to work well in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- A Strong team player.
- Flexible to travel.
Why choose us?
Since we started our journey in 2007, we have carefully crafted a work environment in which our employees are encouraged and inspired to be the best they can be. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and dynamic; we choose longevity over passing trends.
At COS we are dedicated to recruiting great people by offering an inclusive work environment where talent is recognised, valued and appreciated. We believe that our values and diversity play a significant role in the success of our brand.
If you are successful in your application, we will ensure you receive a full training program and you will be able to enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- A range of long service benefits.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.