Emilia Wickstead is recruiting a Senior Designer to work as Emilia Wickstead’s right hand creative at her London studio.
This candidate will be responsible for 4 main collections per year to include also capsule collections. He/she will work closely with Design, Product Developement, and Sales/Merchandising on the product strategy, developement and design of the RTW line.The Senior Designer will aslo be responsible for ensuring that each collection is brought to market in a timely and profitable manner. A background in commercial, product-led design is requiredas well as an ability to create and develop original initial design ideas.
- Lead the entire design process, sensuring that designs are in keeping with the brand's DNA and meet the approval of the creative director. This includes managing the creative process from start to finish: defining concepts and inspirations; researching themes, colours, and fabrics; conductiong market research; designing and sketching; draping and leading the sample room from first toile to final sample.
- Produce research, sketches, draping and construction pages for all designs, as well as creating presentation boards.
- Sourcing of relevant fabrics, embroideries and suppliers to meet the design requirements for each project
- Creating and developing mood boards and original inspiration themes for seasonal collections
- Management of suppliers and budgets for atelier requirements
- Coordinate and work closely with a small design team as well as in house pattern makers
- Ensure critical path deadlines are maintained
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication skills, direction, able to delegate where appropriate and manage a small team. To communicate frequently with different departments such as fabric and atelier.
- Strong brand understanding and luxury sensibility
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- 5 years of experience as Womenswear Designer
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Excell and Office Suite
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships between departments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects while adhering to deadline
NOTE: Please attach some exemples of your work to this application.