This is an unusual opportunity to be part of an exciting growth story. We’re onto something at SPOKE - we’ve grown 5x in 2016 - and we know that building and burnishing our range with clear and striking design handwriting will be a big part of our continuing success.
We are looking for someone to spend 1-2 days per week working for SPOKE, on a continuous basis. This would suit a freelancer who is looking to give themselves a regular and reliable baseline of work.
As our Designer, you will:
- develop visual ideas and concepts for the SPOKE range, carrying these ideas from mood boards and colour palettes to final garments, and delivering across a broad range of categories
- develop our range’s handwriting coherently and consistently (working from brand and merchandising guidelines)
- plan and develop seasonal ranges and continuously update and improve existing ranges
- Partner with Product Development and Production to ensure successful execution of design ideas
To apply, please send a portfolio of your work, focusing on pieces that are relevant to the job description we’ve laid out. Please be sure to include a short cover note explaining why you think you’d enjoy this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to originate striking visual ideas within a brand and commercial framework
- A good, intuitive understanding of Jack, our 25-45 graduate / professional customer
- Strong manufacturing and design network
- Design degree, with 5+ years professional experience
- Previous tailoring or trouser experience
- Proficiency in CAD / Indesign / Illustrator
- Experience of PLM/CIMS programs a plus