We are looking for a talented and dedicated Design Assistant to join the Strathberry team. As Design Assistant you will hold a key role within our developing business. You will be closely involved in the creative direction of one of the fastest growing brands in the accessories sector. We are looking for someone who is passionate about design, and who is prepared to work hard to create original and engaging collections.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will develop sketches and spec these in-line with the design brief to create collections from start to finish.
- Collect inspiration for mood boards and contribute ideas.
- Working with the Creative Directors, and other members of the design team, researching and presenting inspiration that is in-line with the brand's ambitions.
- Producing boards for the season.
- Liaising with factories on design development, including trips to workshops to oversee and progress designs.
- Sending sample comments to workshops including making amendments as needed.
- Creating tech packs to send to workshops.
- Working on collaborations - developing creative work in-line with the objectives of the collaboration.
- Assisting in the ongoing management and development of the range plan.
The Ideal Candidate
Required skills and experience:
- At least 1 year's experience within a design role
- Degree or equivalent in design/fashion
- Strong working knowledge of Illustrator and proven experience in creating tech packs
- Proven background in accessories / leather goods design
- Confident communicator
Desirable skills and experience:
- Adobe Photoshop, for the purpose of creating mockups
- Passion for design and creativity
- Ability to make up salpa samples using sewing machine