All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Designer I supports the CK Calvin Klein bridge line in designing the seasonal collections for Men’s Knits & Sweaters.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Interprets the seasonal mood and concept working with the Senior Designer
- Designs and prepares concept and design presentation boards for meetings
- Responsible for hand-sketching and updating artworks and designs.
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Assists with prototype fittings and make fit note comments.
- Organizes and maintains library of knits and sweaters, sketches and seasonal files
- Communicate and liaise all seasonal design with and to Licensee in Asia
- Responsible for researching and development of knits and sweaters under the guidance of the Senior Designer.
- Create artworks for all graphic tees, including prints, jacquard pattern for knits and sweaters.
- Research and develop new print techniques and trims by communicating with outside vendors.
- Create tech packs and spec garments for sweaters, knits and graphic tees.
- Presents sketch designs based on the Senior Designer’s initial sketches and concept.
- Maintains the progression of design in the Senior Designer’s absence.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of previous work experience within a Design setting
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Strong technical experience in knits and sweaters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong hand-sketching skills
- Possess high fashion aesthetics
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules and to travel
- Proficient in researching and developing graphic tees
- Proficient in computer sketching & artwork
- Experience creating tech packs and communicating fit details to product development /factories
- Experience with design software, specifically Illustrator and InDesign
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Design, Product Development, Merchandising, and teams
External: Licensees and vendors
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
DECISION MAKING: Strong influence on creative direction
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Highly creative role requiring strong understanding of fashion industry trends for fabric and apparel; must be resourceful in locating or developing new fabrics/finishes/technology for use in CK Calvin Klein line.
ENVIRONMENT: Highly creative, deadline-driven environment requiring ability to be flexible with hours and adapt to a deadline-focused calendar-based structure is a must.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH