Ignite Your PotentialJob Description
The Manager, Materials Research will direct all aspects of leather and fabric development for Shoes & Accessories. The principal function of the position is to globally source and develop leather and fabrics that work within company ascetics.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Responsible for researching and identifying seasonal fabric trends applicable to the CK Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Performance and Calvin Klein Jeans business lines, driving innovation and newness while still maintaining brand DNA
- Partner with design teams from the beginning of a season to understand seasonal concepts and design needs
- Research international/domestic, and competitive markets to identify new trends, leathers, fabrics and techniques, while maintaining brand integrity
- Source and maintain relationships with tanneries and mills and stay informed about prices, lead-times & material detail
- Attend international and domestic tradeshows with the goal of identifying relevant trends and establishing new resources
The Ideal Candidate
Be a part of the experience.
- 4-6 years of demonstrative experience in shoes & accessories business, in a leather/fabric R&D role
- Experience in Italy and China; understand quality from luxury materials and span to opposite end of the spectrum – knowledge of the requirements of each classification and price point.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of leather/fabric construction, dye techniques, finishes and shoes & accessories manufacturing/sourcing processes required
- Established relationships with tanneries and mills worldwide
- B.A. (or higher) in Material Science, Textiles, or Product Development
- Ability to communicate to senior management in a clear, precise, and effective manner
- Must demonstrate curiosity and is motivated to learn new skills and knowledge
- Employ a strong project management skill set (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, closing) to handle multiple projects and objectives while maintaining flexibilities to changing priorities and demands.
- Proficient in MS Office suites, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficiency in Italian and Mandarin a plus