· Understand the Carolina Herrera aesthetic and translate it into appropriate product.
· Responsible for entire product design process including market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit in collaboration with Creative Director.
· Actively participates in the conceptual development of innovative and directional product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
· Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
· Provides insight regarding style of product during presentation.
· Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
· Create hardware designs and specs.
· Create Technical Packages for factories and Development Teams for initial lead constructions, 1st prototypes and 2nd prototypes
· Communicate all Pre-Production corrections to the factories.
· Recommends revisions/color ways.
· Responsible for researching ideas of new leather/fabric development
· Meets independently with vendors.
· Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
· Minimum 5 years of experience designing and developing leather goods and Accessories for global Luxury Brand
· Expert design and conceptual skills.
· Prolific designer.
· Ability to set a creative tone and to inspire ideas/new concepts; ability to conceptually visualize and build a line.
· Excellent sense of style and color.
· In-depth knowledge of constructions, color ways, leather and trim.
· Excellent organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills.
· Design school training.