ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute new designs and technical packs
- Prepare detailed technical specs for all rounds of pre-production development.
- Research trends, colors, and inspiration images for each season and category
- Support the design team in updating colors and technical packs for final product selection.
- Communicate with factories for product development and component development to meet target costs and get product sampled
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adhere to project schedules and effectively report progress to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ensure that product is of high quality and consistent with market trends, as well as business strategy.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for each channels business needs.
- Execute corrections as needed; works with merchandising and production to find appropriate solutions to cost or construction issues.
- Liaise with cross-functional partners in the product development process. Ensure the coordination of raw materials including models, waxes, stones, findings, and sourcing.
- Track model & sample making process.
The Ideal Candidate
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Design degree in Design, Fine Art or related degree is preferred
- Excellent Computer Skills (Excel, Word and Systems in general)
- Demonstrated mastery of Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong aesthetic/understanding of luxury women’s wear
- Independence and self-motivation skills: able to work as a team, as well as handle projects on his/her own
- Previous jewelry design experience preferred
- Technical drawing abilities and construction knowledge preferred
- Strong sense of trends, style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of raw materials, as well as, construction techniques
- Fashion/luxury brand experience is a plus.
- All candidates MUST submit a link or attachment including any relevant design work and/or a portfolio or their application will not be considered.