About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
The Associate Stylist is responsible for executing product styling at our internal photo studio. Styling techniques may involve laydown, hanging pin ups, mannequin and potentially On Figure and Special Laydwon. The Associate Stylist will serve as our point person working with our internal and external partners to ensure brand aesthetics are applied consistently for the brand.
What you'll do
- Execute product styling consistent with the brands styling point of view, to include laydown, hanging, pin-ups, mannequin, on figure and special laydown techniques.
- Understand the marketing and merchandising seasonal objectives and executing visual direction based on those objectives and communicating those to styling/photo teams.
- Collaborate and foster partnerships with online brand styling/creative team to promote/ensure product styling consistency across all channels by utilizing deep functional expertise to recommend and implement solutions.
- Create, maintain the support the brand product style guide for the e-commerce site and effectively communication changes to affected cross functional business partners.
- Responsible for training stylist freelance talent.
- Ensure photo floor teams are on track and processes are implemented and maintained.
- Execute Ad Hoc styling projects with both internal and external business partners.
- Drive photography workflow by assessing the volume and photography set requirements.
- Identify, document & presenting process efficiencies within the Styling/Photography workflow.
Who you are
Minimum 5 years experience with fashion styling and/or visual fashion retail experience.
Ability to balance creative with strategic deliverables.
Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – Photo Studio, creative, merchandising, and marketing.
Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with leadership skills.
Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Comfortable working with Capture One, Word, Excel and ability to master internal databases proficiently.FileMaker Pro and databases in general.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees