With creative freedom and high-level direction, the Menswear Designer is to initiate concepts seasonally that are dynamic, fashion and moto driven, and emulative of the creative vision of the H-D aesthetic. Further, this position directly supports the GM Product Development Manager by executing design development and execution of product that closely adheres to the brand’s vision and direction.
- Partner closely with GM Creative Director to consistently develop and improve the H-D men’s collection.
- Create sketches, illustrations and style information for designated product in line with H-D aesthetic.
- Responsible for creation, development and execution of materials, sketches, prints, trim and hardware for product development.
- Collaborate with all members of the H-D design team to ensure cohesiveness of products.
- Lead and participate in regular team meetings to reinforce close communication on design-related processes and related matters.
- Identify/source material references for inspiration; monitor industry trends.
- Brainstorm new concepts with Design team.
- Partner with production team to manage assigned work from inception or product throughout completion.
- Participate in preparation of line for various meetings, photo shoots and market presentations.
- Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines; ensuring all designs are completed accurately and on time.
- Mentor Design Interns, assigning projects and duties in line with H-D’s internship program.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years relevant experience, including sketching and illustration, specifically in men’s apparel and accessories.
- Functional design experience a plus.
- Keen understanding of proportions, measurements and garment construction.
- Degree in Design, Textiles or related field preferred.
- Strong ability to work autonomously; keen time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with general knowledge in basic design software (photoshop, illustrator, etc.).
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to engage and interact with a diverse workforce.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to mentor/motivate a team.