About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
What you'll do
- Participates in research and conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with active market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for design of product - includes preparing and updating sketches in detail, assorting pattern and colors in the line.
- Creates/updates BOM’s in accordance with the sample production timeline to ensure that samples are produced and delivered each season.
- Increased involvement in sample fits and line edits.
- Collaborates with CAD and graphics team for layout and colorways communicatesecommends revisions when needed.
- Assists in fabric and trim development.
- Reviews production submits in partnership with cross-functional team – ensures aesthetic and execution hold up to aligned standard.
- Presents to team at milestone meetings.
- Manages own styles while also supporting the team– creating/updating linesheets, fabric lists, etc.
Who you are
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology. Competency in Adobe programs a must – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Solid understanding of design process.
- Solid flat sketching skills.
- Excellent design and color sense.
- Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.).
- Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements.
- Organized and proactive team player.
- Passion for activewear.
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- 2-4 years design experience.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees