What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the design process from concept to completion while partnering with the Director to ensure alignment on priorities and direction.
- Consistently shop and research marketplace, including our competitors for inspirations and opportunities in product, fabric, wash, color and trims.
- Research, identify and present trend direction.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Plan the line according to sales needs and emerging trends in fit and wash while maintaining appeal to our customer
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends and business strategy.
- Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters.
- Create and present design boards for each season showcasing silhouette, fabric, color and wash range.
- Works closely with production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
Who you are
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drives Results
- Innovation Cultivator
- 4 - 6 years design experience, experience with denim strongly preferred.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Strong knowledge of denim finishing techniques, fit, fabric, construction details and color.
- Proficient sketching in Illustrator and capable in Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability manage and help develop skills of direct reports.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to multi task and prioritize
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style, color, and fit.
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/ consumer.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish good relationships with business partners and department staff
Minimum educationallevel:College degree in Fashion Design or arelated field