We are seeking a stylish, energized, assertive, diplomatic, self-starter to join our Brooklyn, NY team as a fashion production assistant working side-by-side with our production manager on a daily basis. You are incredibly resourceful, very organized and a progressive and forward thinker.
You are very detailed, have an eye for quality and a strong understanding of how luxury garments are made.
You are also a quick learner and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
This position requires the ability to multi-task while being solution-oriented. No challenge is too big.
On a day-to-day basis you will be working on accurately creating tech packs and final samples from original design sketches. This includes the delivery of clear design communication through comments, specs, diagrams, photos and review of block patterns.
Other responsibilities include:
- Organizing the Orseund Iris fabric and trim library and all sample inventory.
- Updating and maintaining a pattern/block library.
- Running factory errands in NYC and quality checking for each style and unit produced.
- Assisting with the tracking of lab dips, fabrics and sample orders.
- Managing first run orders and re-orders that keep up with e-commerce and wholesale sales and purchase orders.
The Ideal Candidate
- A Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design and 1 to 2 years of design experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Excel.
- Technical knowledge in draping, pattern making and grading.
- Ability to operate a professional sewing machine and construct first samples.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.