Designer of Wovens for PSWL collection
- Work closely with VP of Design to grow and consistently improve the PSWL collection.
- Design Lead for RTW PSWL collection.
- Manage and mentor Assistant Designer in all sketching, draping, swatch development (finishings and construction) and fittings.
- Create mood boards and fabric/color palettes by delivery.
- Aid in selection of fabric and trims for Commercial collection.
- Concept and develop innovative construction techniques and finishings.
- Design directional and commercial styles each season as designated in design meetings.
- Work with freelance graphic designer and in-house Print & Embellishment team on design and development.
- Collaborate with Product Development team to develop each sample to its fullest potential.
- Work with Assistant Designer to make sure all flats are created before spec launch and consistently updated as necessary.
- Create Technical specs for own styles passed to tech designer.
- Attend and be an active participant in all PSWL fittings.
- Manage Assistant Designer in preparation of design fittings.
- Fabricate all styles by fabric and color.
- Oversee material sheets to ensure the best finishings, construction and details.
- Approve all lab-dips, artwork and strike-offs.
- Collaborate with knitwear team on knitwear styles.
- Work with Merchant team to adhere to merchandising plan and communicate as styles evolve to ensure that the collection is fulfilling plan.
- Attend production fittings when necessary.
- Adhere to calendar and communicate with advanced notice issues hitting target dates.
- Hire and manage design interns.
- Be a vocal presence in all meetings.
- Be aware of trends in the designer and contemporary market - consistently visiting stores.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ yrs working in designer or contemporary products
- Degree in Fashion Design.
- Strong fitting skills.
- Proficient in photoshop and illustrator.
- Strong rendering skills.
- Knowledge of fabrication, silhouettes, color ways, construction techniques and trim.
- Demonstrates flexibility and organizational skills.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all members of team