Assist the Leather Goods Design and Development Director on the creation and the development of all Leather Goods and Accessories (Jewelry/ Belts) for the collection, pre collection and all special projects.
- Research and develop concept and direction for each of the different collections in collaboration with Design Director.
- Assist in sourcing and selecting leather, hardware, prints and colors for the season.
- Develop commercial styles based on Creative Direction for runway.
- Develop special items for Runway collections, including jewelry and belts.
- Maintain a daily relationship with the product development team in NYC and in Italy.
- Coordinate materials appointments with suppliers.
- Create fabrication sheets for all styles in development.
- Create detailed specs for hardware that has been designed.
- Communicate design changes to the product developer with a sketch.
- Communicate to Merchandising team when styles change.
- Prepare for meetings and presentations and support in fittings.
- Archive pre collection and collection canceled samples at the end of the season.
- Catalog and organize vintage samples.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Manage Design Assistant and department interns.
- Flexibility for development trips to Italy.
- Flexibility for various vintage research trips.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Degree in Fashion Design.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and, if possible, 3D software.
- Strong drawing, mockup, and rendering skills.
- Strong colors and materials sensibility.
- Capacity to express feelings and point of view.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and respectful of timeframes and deadlines.
- Sensibility for jewelry/ belts design and development.
- Ability to speak and write in Italian highly recommended, but not required.