Associate Designer: Sea
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of 4 collections per year, as well as capsule collection for department stores (i.e., presents ideas/concepts/designs)
- Attend all first proto fittings and execute fit notes into approved SMS
- Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering of the entire collection.
- Responsible for managing the sample room and ensuring sewers have all fabrics and trims to produce the collection in a timely fashion and meet quality standards.
- Responsible for 3 sets of each collection to be sent to each showroom on time for their respective sales market dates.
- Adhere to time and action calendar
The Ideal Candidate
- Adept at the working place, handling multiple projects and juggling priorities in an organized but flexible manner.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Very good accuracy and attention to detail
- Results driven with a commitment to working to high standards
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong time management
- Fast, efficient, nimble. Experience working in a shifting and collaborative environment, and under pressure
- Team Player
- Creative thinker with ability to push ideas
- Minimum 3 years experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to sketch and draw flats
- Strong knowledge of garment construction
- Strong computer knowledge including Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Excel