What You Will Do
You will support in building presentation (sketches, fabrics, color story, etc), will be well-versed in Illustrator or CAD skills for sketch/rendering updates, and will have basic knowledge of construction. You will research and understand brand design/DNA and support the team in research, concept, fit development, and/or design process (as needed/ as per seasonal direction). You will stay up-to-date with current market offering and trend research.
How You Will Make A Difference
You will bring elevated attention to detail and technical skills in support of lead designers and will work under the organization of territory-based Design Manager, organized under the day-to-day responsibilities set by the lead design team. You will have an opportunity to grow and expand with knowledgeable creatives and learn the full design process from research, construction, techpacks, and innovation.
The Ideal Candidate
What You Bring
- 2 years of experience (must have previous internship experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (apparel or industrial), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in flat sketching and rendering
- Hands-on experience with CAD software.
- Adobe CS – required
- Familiarity with 3D design or modeling (including Cl0 3D, Solidworks/Fusion 360/Alias, Rhino, etc) a plus
- Must know how 2-dimensional design translate to a 3-dimensional product
- Must be a team player
- Working knowledge of color
- Understanding of materials, textiles, trims, and fabric construction
- Basic understanding of apparel construction
- Must have positive work ethic to understand and acknowledge core deadline dates