- Manage, execute and support the design, direction, development and sample process for Thom Browne Women’s Wovens – from initial concept, to final product.
- Prepare and present creative concepts and sketches that are well-researched, brand appropriate and display product/pricing awareness.
- Organize calendar management and lead achievement of seasonal benchmarks for Women’s Wovens team; ensuring accurate, timely, on-budget development of collection.
- Create and maintain boards for Concept and Sketch Reviews.
- Participate in meetings, fittings, photo shoots and market presentations; lead seasonal product knowledge trainings for internal/external teams.
- Work closely with the Director of Womens Wovens and members of affiliated design teams to ensure cohesiveness of design direction and products.
- Prepare and maintain design overviews that align with the merchandising range plan.
- Regularly communicate across teams – Production, Merchandising, Sales, Archive, Press, etc.
- Regularly partner with Product Developers for both new and existing styles; ensuring fit, material and brand standards are maintained throughout each season.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ year’s Women’s RTW/Luxury design experience. Experience in tailoring and dresses is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, garment construction, fabrics and trim.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong design skills and ability to communicate ideas through hand sketches.
- High level of computer proficiency- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel.
- Previous experience working with Italian and Japanese factories is a plus. Should have experience passing new style developments to factories.
- Strong knowledge of soft and hard woven garment construction.
- Draping and pattern making experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage a team, maintain timelines, delegation and workflow.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, handling tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- High level of taste, keen eye for detail and brand identity.
- Collaborative, flexible, communicative, team-player.
- Grounded time management skills, high sense of urgency, ability to work autonomously.
- Proven ability and desire to mentor/motivate a team.
- Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills; must be proactive and take initiative.
- Additional language fluency (Italian, French) a plus.
- Valid passport and ability to travel.