All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Associate Manager Product Development is an eager individual responsible for supporting the product development process from initial design concept through commercialization. Responsible for supporting the PD Director in accurate and timely development of samples that support both the aesthetic and customer requirements. The Associate will utilize specialized product expertise to help create styles supporting the design vision and business KPIs (including garment and development costs). Critical cross-functional partner to the Design, Production Operations, Merchandising, Fabric and Technical teams.
- Supports the PD Director in partnership between Design, Raw Materials, Technical Design, Merchandising and Production Operations to ensure that the product being developed meets aesthetic requirements within the targeted cost parameters
- Support the Director on Product development process to:
- Review historical costing to determine targets
- Analyze, negotiate and confirm costing from factories
- Create and maintain cost logs from sketch to salesman sample phase.
- Support the issuance of Proto orders via system
- Perform daily tracking and maintain records of details, updates, changes for (PLM) system and proto samples ensuring due dates are met
- Daily correspondence between design, vendors, and hub office.
- Work on bottom-up breakdown of Bill of Materials (BOM) at sku level.
- Track and work toward on-time and in full arrival of proto and salesman samples
- Represents Product Development in cross-functional calendar milestones. Milestones include, but are not limited to: color & concept, sketch reviews, proto reviews, fittings, cross functional costing meeting
- Track overdevelopment (against the range plan) at each of the specified milestones.
- Manage and maintain all samples and submits for cross functional meetings with design
- Attend fittings with Design up to SMS fit and ensure detailed notes are kept and sketches or bill of materials are revised
- College degree, or prior work experience, preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years in product development/pre-production
- Wholesale and vertical retail product development experience preferred
- Work experience in similar competitive brands, preferred
- Pre-production or product development experience in woven products, especially in Outerwear, active wear, performance wear preferred
- Technical product construction knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful in product engineering
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team oriented
- Ability to manage different priorities, multi task and problem solve while meeting deadlines
- MS Office Suite,(Centric) PLM and DTS preferred
- Analytical aptitude to plan strategically to the needs of the business
- Basic retail math and tariff HTS duty knowledge is a plus
- Detail oriented product development professional with a mindset for continuous innovation
- Adapts to change and is able to seamlessly handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Capable to handle assigned project and tasks independently
- Highly collaborative, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Must maintain a positive, optimistic and open-minded approach
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH