About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have teams who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE THINKERS IN FASHION.
Farfetch is enterprising in its vast and unique fashion proposition. It is therefore essential that the product imagery is reflective of our USP and is a key driver in raising the fashion credibility of the site. In order to achieve this the Styling specialist will be a pivotal driving force; working to consistently elevate the style content of the images and produce inspirational ‘market leader’ product shots on a model.
What You’ll do:
- A Deputy Editor is accountable for approving men’s or womenswear imagery for the website from a styling POV;
- Approving all looks from stylists within the team through conducting rail checks efficiently and with high quality standards;
- Develop and mentor the in-house styling team; coaching and supporting them in terms of research for styling, execution on set and overall stylist ability;
- Responsible for feeding back to manager on the performance & development of the stylists (areas of improvements, level of reshoots, action plans in terms of development, present an individual report for each stylist at the end of the season to the Styling Manager in order to show the evolution of each member of the team);
- Increase quality of styling through constructive feedback, coaching and ability to inspire the team.
- Decrease the level of styling reshoots to 0.5% this season;
- Support and understand all quality objectives set by Creative Services department to maintain and develop high quality imagery and feedback on model’s performance on a weekly basis to Model Producer;
- A specialist advisor that will advise on all styling attributes - proportions, silhouettes, Brand DNA, shoe& accessory choice and overall execution on set. Support & guidance on how to direct model posing;
- Outlining any potential styling needs to manager for the team and own individual performance;
- Supporting and guiding stylists to the highest quality looks that reflect high standards we have set through Guidelines;
- Supporting on Brand launches, specialist areas of training & maintenance of strong quality output;
- Working within the processes of the production studio; problem solving areas and sharing ideas to test to better processes;
- Aligned with current styling goals for the season and focused guidance around these;
- Provide quality control, constructive feedback to stylists on reshoots and improvements;
- Supporting Live Model Studios Manager and EU Styling Editor on quality output for the season;
- Ensure team KPI’s and targets are established and met daily;
- Ensure that Production processes are respected and adhered to;
- Act as a positive ambassador in times of company change and growth;
- Contribute to creative styling meetings and creative project contribution; with peers and the wider business.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are:
- Ambitious, passionate and driven with an impeccable work ethic;
- Inspiring and motivational within a team;
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of menswear or womenswear trends, designers’ brands and the luxury fashion market;
- 6-8 years proven styling experience within menswear/womenswear editorial, personnel shopping, visual merchandising, retail and or e-commerce experiences;
- Professional and strong leadership experience with a confident, authoritative presence capable of building teams to execute delivery of quality;
- Ability to give constructive feedback regularly to peers and more junior members of the team;
- Extensive styling and art direction experience; ability to direct models confidently and accurately and drive an on-set teams;
- Ability to commercially translate product with the luxury customer in mind;
- Sound photography knowledge to ensure guidelines are correctly and efficiently executed;
- Autonomous and confident in own styling ability; has a broad range of styling skills over different categories of product;
- Proactive approach to driving changes within limited time frames;
- Understanding of a production chain and KPI’s
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritise according to business requirements;
- Strong level of English.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.