We are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
The Role:We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and experienced Lead level Designer that can shape product strategy and direction within the front-end responsive web platform of the business and lead a team to create exciting and useful experiences for our global customer base.You will be a creative thinker who can envision how users experience our products and bring that vision to life! The vision will be intuitive, inspired and revolutionary. You will understand and consider the users’ needs at every stage of design and development, maintaining UX at the heart of our product. You will be passionate about UX and product design and champion this across the business.What You’ll do:
- Build and lead a team with a focus on innovation and excellence in design;
- Own and deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences across the website;
- Follow ideas through from conception to execution and so strong experience in visual design or user interface engineering is a must, as well as a solid understanding of UCD/HCI principles;
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and developers.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are:
- Curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive;
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar.
- Experienced in leading and delivering user-centered design projects across multifunction disciplines;
- Experienced in working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus;
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills;
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required.
- Proficient in English (both written and spoken).
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.