The Team:We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
Initially you’ll lead the product design of our internal CMS which is used to power a growing list of fashion boutiques and brands including Ami, DKNY and Christopher Kane built by our white labelling team 'Black & White'. Beyond this your role could see you leading a range of different projects – this could range from creating an interface for our boutiques to process the orders they receive, to a dashboard interface that maximises the performance and selling potential of our partners.You’ll extend the platform based on client and strategic requirements. Also, working closely with our research team, you will help to shape the means by which we monitor and test the effectiveness of the products.As a Lead in the Back Office team, you'll help raise the product experience to whole new levels. Your methods and experience should be imparted upon more junior team members via collaborative working, mentoring and peer reviews.You’re a talented lead end-to-end product designer with previous experience of designing and detailing out CMS systems from scratch. You’ve worked on large, complex technical systems previously – perhaps you have a technical background.
What you’ll do:
- Lead designer for the Black & White CMS for at least the first few months with the opportunity to move on to a variety of other challenging projects beyond that
- Sync and collaborate with the wider BO UX team to align our back office products
- Lead by example – collaborate with and mentor junior designers
- Work collaboratively within an agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and back end developers
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- Ideally, 8+ years’ experience as a digital product designer.
- You are able to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects.
- Highly collaborative.
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar preferred
- Experienced working on back office products e.g. an intranet
- Experienced working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required.
- Curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- Proficient in rapid prototyping.
- Proficient in English (both written and spoken).
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.