We are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and experienced Senior Product Designer that can help identify design opportunities and advocate excellent design for our consumer products. You will be a seasoned practitioner who loves detail and working collaboratively with your team across Product Design and Development.You will be tirelessly passionate about UX and product design and champion this across the business.
What You’ll do:
- Execute design excellence and adhere to high standards across our web and mobile platform.
- Deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences and interfaces across the website.
- Follow ideas through from conception to execution and so strong experience in visual design or user interface engineering is a must, as well as a solid understanding of UCD/HCI principles.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and developer.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are:
- Curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- Owner of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar.
- Strong varied portfolio of detailed product design work with a clear specialism in either UX or UI.
- Experienced leading and delivering user-centered design projects across multifunction disciplines.
- Experienced in working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient English level (written and spoken).
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.