We have an exceptional opportunity for a creative and talented UX Manager to join us at our head office here in London. We have big ambitions and super passionate about creating the very best and seamless shopping experiences. You’ll need to be able to push the boundaries, be full of energy and enthusiasm to help us create the most incredible experiences our customers!
The UX Manager is responsible for championing the user experience requirements across the Brownsfashion.com business, developing a deep understanding of who our customer is and what they want out of their interaction with Browns. The role will be identified as a focal point for senior stakeholders to discuss creative new customer facing concepts with and how to bridge the gap between where the experience is today and where it needs to be in the future across various touch points.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and deliver an intuitive, efficient and exciting digital user experience.
- Champion user experience and advocate the best product design for our customers.
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team.
- Work with senior stakeholders to ensure you have visibility of the collective roadmap to help steer your own backlog and pipeline prioritization with design and development teams.
- Work with teams to ensure requirements are clear and the KPIs they will support and drive.
- Clearly communicate the UX direction for deliverables using appropriate tools/prototypes.
- Create and maintain comps, wireframes, sitemaps and style sheets.
- Improve the speed and efficiency with which we create interfaces for new and existing website functionality.
- Develop an understanding for the capabilities of our technical solutions.
- Work with engineering team through implementation to ensure the desired user experience is carried through the development cycle.
- Manage more junior UX team members, providing mentoring and training where necessary.
- Support user research initiatives, including AB/MV testing, usability testing, heuristic evaluations and user interviews.
- Occasional travel to meet with suppliers.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience with UI/UX design.
- Bachelor's degree in user experience, interaction design, information architecture or related.
- Working interactively with Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts and Developers, to ensure UX is at the heart of decision-making throughout the product development cycle.
- Proven ability to lead and deliver user-centered design projects across multifunction disciplines in an iterative environment.
- Track record or influencing and negotiating design decisions with senior stakeholders.
- A working knowledge of responsive and adaptive technologies on multiple platforms including mobile devices.
- Strong knowledge of complex CSS and HTML.
- Experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.