About the department:
Together, our client-obsessed team creates an unrivalled, personalised shopping experience in the luxury fashion industry. We understand the international world of luxury fashion and lifestyle, and use this to provide an elite service focussed on earning heart share of our clients.
One of our priorities is to increase the spending power of an existing client book along with engaging new clients while developing potential clients. We approach every opportunity with innovation and develop loyalty through an understanding of personal style, lifestyle needs and brand/product preferences.
You’ll be responsible for leading the Private Client Styling teams, inspiring them to build and engage in relationships with our most valuable clients, and motivating them to achieve and exceed sales targets. Your teams will contribute to our growth and ambition to be the number one luxury fashion player. In this role, you’ll develop a unique skill set as you partner with senior management and functional leaders to design and implement the Private Client Styling strategy, aiming to engage and drive customer loyalty, with a seamless, exceptional luxury shopping experience.
We’re looking for someone with strong commercial acumen, a deep knowledge of luxury fashion and experience of managing sales turnover. You’ll have a strategic mindset but action oriented, be able to manage senior stakeholders, and most importantly, be a natural leader, committed to developing and motivating a high-performing team.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll collaborate with the Global Director, Private Client to develop the styling strategy with the overall vision of becoming famous for our Private Client Service in every Local Market.
- You’ll translate this strategy into an executional plan, focused on growing the Private Client Segment in the UK and Europe.
- You’ll devise sales generating strategies as we move towards a direct sales attribution model.
- You’ll inspire, build, lead and develop the Styling teams, engaging them with the department vision and strategy and ensuring regular and clear communication.
- You’ll coach Private Client Managers on effective team management and leadership tactics.
- You’ll be accountable for team performance providing overall direction and working with Private Client Managers to set goals and KPIs, to ensure best-in-class clienteling and sales generation.
- You’ll review sales activity and partner with Private Client Managers and the People Team to drive a high-performance culture e.g. recognition initiatives, managing underperformance.
- You’ll deputise for the Global Director, Private Client when needed, including attending senior leader meetings and leading the wider Private Client function.
- You’ll keep abreast of competitor Private Client sales strategies, updating the team to identify learning opportunities.
- You’ll collaborate with strategy and research teams to use BI (Business Intelligence) to identify and craft new market opportunities as we scale.
- You’ll collaborate with peer group leaders and marketing teams on acquisition strategies, brand collaborations and partnerships to identify new business opportunities to aggressively grow our Private Client portfolio.
- You’ll partner with local People teams for your regions to attract and develop talent, managing escalated people issues when needed.
- You’ll impact and influence senior stakeholders (including C Level) to facilitate discussion and decisions, to align to the overall global Private Client strategy.
Governance and planning
- You’ll define the regional budget and manage and control the costs and resources for your teams, with P&L ownership.
- You’ll contribute to medium to longer-term planning, including the budgeting process and team resource planning, ensuring resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals.
- You’ll take the lead on global projects, as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You’ll have proven experience operating at senior leadership level, in global, luxury sales organisation (managed a business unit of at least £40m sales turnover).
- You’ll have experience of leading multi-territory sales teams, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- You’ll be a luxury industry expert with deep knowledge of the wants and needs of the luxury customer.
- You’ll be a natural leader with experience of people management, coaching and developing a team to build a high-performance culture.
- You’ll have a strategic mindset with an ability to devise an operational plan.
- You’ll have excellent senior stakeholder management skills, adopting a collaborative yet influencing style.
- You’ll have excellent commercial and financial acumen, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations; you’ll have managed a P&L.
- You’ll be a problem solver with an ability to turn a challenge into a solution to maximise opportunity.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity, adopting a flexible approach.
- You’ll have strong computer literacy and an understanding of the digital world.
- You’ll be willing to travel.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.