About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We are a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative.
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
We are looking for a Research Analyst who can help Farfetch understand its customers – who they are, how they think, what they want. Working with a range of departments across the business (from Marketing, to Product to Operations), you’ll be expected to scope, manage, and analyse both quant and qual research projects. As a member of the Research team, you’ll become an expert in our customers, tackling business questions ranging from “Which areas of the customer experience should we invest in?” to “Do our customers in the Middle East expect to see localized payment options?” You will also act as a Voice of the Customer, owning our global NPS program.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Voice of the Customer program, aggregating and analyzing the data we collect across the customer experience (including NPS, website tracking, operational data, etc) to draw out key findings and share these with relevant teams across our global offices
- Manage new Insight Projects, qualitative or quantitative. An example of such a project might be around understanding how and why customers use different devices during the shopping journey. The project manager would be responsible for scoping the project, designing the survey, managing fieldwork, analyzing raw data and reporting the findings.
- Develop Farfetch’s understanding of customer demographics, needs and attitudes through profiling surveys, industry statistics, and customer interviews, and ensure that understanding is embedded into our company culture
- Collaborate with our analytics and product research teams to triangulate different data sources and get to the most comprehensive insights for our business.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to become a trusted strategic partner and steer key business decisions.
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- University degree, with a minimum 2:1 in your chosen subject
- 1-2 years’ experience in market research, agency experience a plus
- Equally comfortable applying qualitative or quantitative research methodologies
- Highly numerate, with strong analytical skills and attention to detail – experience in SQL / database querying and using data visualisation tools (Tableau, Looker) is a plus
- A strategic thinker able to synthesise large volumes of data into clear, actionable business recommendations
- An excellent communicator – whether verbally or in writing – and a confident presenter
- An experienced project manager – able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to think strategically
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You are comfortable working to deadlines in a fast paced environment
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.