Lafayette 148’s collections are designed for the sophisticated, modern woman and her multi-faceted lifestyle. Using the world’s most luxurious European fabrics and detailed craftsmanship, we produce enduring designs renowned for the highest quality and exceptional fit.
The line can be found at over 400 stores throughout North America including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom, as well as two international boutiques in Shanghai and Beijing. Lafayette 148 operates a thriving direct-to-consumer business and a widely distributed print catalog.
The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable e-commerce operation, largely driven by a comprehensive direct mail / catalog strategy including site experience, merchandising, content creation, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion, and retention, and UX enhancements.
This senior level leader will be charged with developing and implementing a seamless and well-integrated omni-channel shopping experience across Catalog & eCommerce. The role will actively collaborate and lead commerce with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Technology Web Operations and Retail Stores to optimize processes and provide insights that will drive sales.
With full P/L accountability, this role must have a business owner’s mindset, continuously seeking out strategies that will drive sales and profitable growth through this digital channel. Currently, the business is driven by a direct & digital marketing spend in excess of $5M and generating $55M in GMV with the potential to scale it to $75M with a comprehensive three-year strategy.
- Recommend and drive strategies and initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, revenue retention, and profitability.
- Support the Company’s omni-channel strategy by creating a seamless and integrated customer experience across our catalog our digital flagship platform and growing brick & mortar stores.
- Partner with Marketing to develop, implement, and / or optimize effective on-line campaigns, digital marketing that drive traffic, increase conversion, and dynamically expand sales.
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation and ongoing forecasting and analytics. Oversee regular reporting of KPI’s of e-commerce channel.
- Develop e-commerce strategic three-year market expansion.
- Collaborate with DTC Merchandising and Planning Teams to execute online merchandising strategies. Ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in areas of navigation, internal search, product set-up, and activation.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the website performance, through merchandising, catalog development and user journey & experience.
- Drive site personalization and audience segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, unique and engaging experience.
- Oversee and work to continuously to improve customer-focused services in partnership with Customer Care by driving key client actions & outreach with in-house Advisor Team.
- Leverage CCC Team to deliver an exceptional service experience consistent with the brand standards and corporate culture through training & development and partnership.
- Partner with CRM Team on flawless execution of acquisition, retention, reactivation and recognition campaigns & strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Direct oversight of successful management of a comparable volume driven P&L eCommerce business unit.
- Prior experience in most of the following areas: site merchandising, digital marketing, eCommerce analytics, direct mail, customer care, and CRM & DATA analytics.
- Advanced understanding of the digital marketing landscape including email, search, display and social.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simplify and break down complex situations and subjects into easy to understand concepts and action items.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding business acumen and experience with modeling, planning and budgeting and a proven ability to manage and drive business with an eye on ROI performance & profitability.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster a positive working environment; strong interpersonal, leadership and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead / collaborate with direct reports and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and effectively communicate in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to change and receptive to feedback and suggestions.
- Preference for 5-7 years of eCommerce experience in a high-end women’s fashion apparel business.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Seasoned leader eCommerce eco-system & third-party vendors including Digital Agency, CDP, ESP, Site Recommendations, internal search, and other UX site enhancements.
- Deep knowledge of the following areas: email marketing, display advertising, SEO / SEM site map management, triggered retention / reactivation campaigns.
- Understanding of catalog direct mail industry KPI’s including match back read-outs, list management, prospecting within Co-Ops and cross pollination of a synergistic direct mail & digital strategies.
- Experience with automated campaign management, segmentation tools and well versed in A/B Testing strategies.
- Knowledge of Magento Enterprise preferred.
Functional Direct Reports:
- Digital Marketing, EMAIL Communications, Catalog Operations, Audience Segmentation, Site Merchandising, Digital Agency Partners, Third-Party Vendors.
- Cross functional leadership of Creative Services, Marketing, Order Fulfillment & FP&A Team and key partnership with Web Operations Team.