: HEAD OF FINANCE / FINANCE DIRECTOR – MIDDLE EAST
: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – MIDDLE EAST
Valentino Middle East is currently looking for Head of finance / Finance Director, which, as a key member of the management team, will provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization by the development of sophisticated financial planning, budgeting and forecasting models, analyzing sales performance, stores profitability and contribution analysis and special project analysis as needed. Key to the role is an ability to bring a strategic level of leadership to the finance function, serving as financial strategist while managing the day-to-day requirements of the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct finance, treasury, budgeting and forecasting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, forecasting, and metric management activities for the organization.
- Drive the budget and revision processes, by coordinating with other departments on information requirements and providing support to allow them to progress as fast as possible and supervise in a subtle manner the quality, reliability and accuracy of work delivered by them.
- Provide strategic and tactical thinking, as well as broad business insight. Take a leadership role in developing the financial strategy to support the growth of the business, while continuing to drive operating efficiencies.
- Interact with the company’s Board of Directors, including audit committee and outside independent auditor firm, including producing monthly financial statements for Board, CEO, lenders and other management.
- Support and partner with senior management team with improved ongoing analytical and financial management data and insight, developing and utilizing forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Oversee the P&L and balance sheets (margins, stock levels, receivables, payables); analyze and recommend on monthly figures from business units.
- Manage the Cashflow, both on a day to day basis and by ensuring that accurate forecasts are made and monitored.
- Monitor the returns on investment for all capital expenditure, in particular in retail boutiques.
- Work closely with mearchandise team at Head Office in managing , tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as required in the buying budget process , study for new business opportunities , and development of business plans.
- Prepare and analyze budgets, plans and budget revisions working closely the operational teams of the business units (marketing, retail etc) and propose revisions.
- Manage international finance related responsibilities including international corporate tax, treasury, and foreign exchange.
- Establish best practices, identify and implement operational and system enhancements, and recommend new initiatives.
- Maintain and improve “dashboard” of key metrics and distributing weekly and monthly reports.
- Analyze, consolidate and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Ensure financial compliance with company procedures, programs and government regulations.
- Evaluate and recommend business partnership opportunities.
- Refine the management reporting to incorporate and evaluate all key performance indicators that management requires to be able to follow business profitability and its drivers.
- Act as finance advisory and make recommendations to the board to allow the business to make informed strategic, managerial and operational decisions.
- Develop and interpret of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the company.
- Direct the monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities to insure timely and accurately compliance with corporate time lines.
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide requested supporting documentation and explanations and ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Ensure that the audits are completed on time and the audited financials circulated to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Ensure that perpetual inventory counts are conducted smoothly, proper procedures are followed and stocks are adjusted periodically.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should have:
- A master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a luxury company
- Strong experience in partnering with an executive team, and a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength and conceptual ability.
- Team management skills.