Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.JOB PURPOSE
Internal Audit's purpose is to assist Burberry’s Board, Audit Committee and management team exercise good governance by providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of Burberry’s control, governance and risk management processes. The team’s scope of activities includes all operations in all geographic locations, including associates, joint ventures, outsourcing arrangements and other investments where audit rights are permitted under the relevant agreements. Audits performed cover operational process, financial processes, technology and key business projects.
We're looking for an IT Audit Manager to join the team in London - if you are an experienced IT Auditor we'd love to hear from you.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the key strategies of Burberry and how they impact IA’s work and overall plan.
- Understand the customer’s business (overview, objectives, etc), the key risks to objectives, and the controls and processes used to manage those risks prior to commencing detailed testing.
- Design and conduct tests to evaluate the operation of the controls in place.
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of the IA plan through integrated auditing activities (e.g. testing of automated/IT dependent controls) and identification of opportunities to utilise data analytics.
- Ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with established methodology and IIA standards and codes.
- Ensure all detailed work papers contain sufficient evidence on which to base conclusions, which are of a sufficient standard to minimise the number of review points required by audit management, and which are of appropriate quality to allow “reperformance” and facilitate reliance on IA’s work where necessary.
- Attend steering groups, committees and working groups where required to stay abreast of emerging risks and issues facing the business.
- Follow up and resolve issues and queries raised during review by senior members of audit team and through discussion of factual accuracy by management.
- Draft audit reports, including assessment of findings and overall report grade, and escalate through management within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure that customers are kept up to date on audit progress and findings so that we deliver a “no surprises” report to management.
• Experience in IT Security such as security operations, incident response, information protection, vulnerability management, identity and access management and secure software development.
• Understanding of IT and security related industry frameworks (eg: including COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001)
• Experience in auditing ERP systems, IT infrastructure and IT management.
• Information Systems / Information Technology degree, or IT Internal Audit/security qualification (i.e.: CISM, CISA, CIA, CISSP etc).
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in an IT Internal Audit role.
• Experience in application of risk-based audit methodologies
• Programme / project assurance experience
• Retail experience
• Non-IT Audit experience
• Experience performing data analytics
• Accounting qualification (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, etc)
• Formal SAP training / qualifications or experience with SAP GRC technology